Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 8 13 6:49 AM

Tags : :

The Conjuring Codger. My first painting in 15 years or so. Based on a pencil drawing from 1985.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 8 13 11:50 AM

I love it.  Kind of reminds me of the Harry Potter Hogwarts genre.  I hope that isn't offensive sounding.

It's good to get something accomplished.  I have so many things I have started but never finished.

Incidentally, my sister has just started doing these interesting paintings that are often abstract.
She did most of them on her Android phone using a free program called Pixel Art Editor.  It's kind of like MS Paint, but it has
multitouch support and she finger paints.  She also consulted with a professional artist who recommended a particular app she
could download and try before she busy.

She's very good at it and often creates some really good stuff that people ooh and ah over.

They really aren't anything like the one above, just thought of her new hobby when I saw your painting.

Actually she likes it so much she went out and bought a new Android Tablet and can now make bigger and better pictures
with higher resolution so she can print out her productions.

She's hoping to be able to make some money doing it, since a few people  have asked about buying her creations.

I think she has a website set up already, but I forgot the link to it.

-----------------------------

I'm glad you got one done!   Now do some more!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 8 13 12:34 PM

Thanks, Astral. I'm pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as difficult as I feared it would be. And there is, hopefully, a tentative buyer. 
As far as genres go, I've always considered what I do as illustration, not "fine art." Of course, that puts me in the same box as most of the "Old Masters."grin

The next one is close to done -"Serafina in Blue Plumbago" - in acrylic, as was the Codger. 

Bob

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 8 13 1:54 PM

My daughter does Animé and does a lot of sketching and she does her own cartoons.

I don't know if she still has a website or not.  I've not paid much attention to that for a few years.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 8 13 3:27 PM

Astral: " I have so many things I have started but never finished."  Welcome to the club, Astral. At some point, that's the story of my life, too..

Bob

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Sep 9 13 12:55 AM

Astral: " I have so many things I have started but never finished."  Welcome to the club, Astral. At some point, that's the story of my life, too..

-rabinius

I sent my sister an email, no reply so far, but she will answer soon.

I may be able to find it on my own, if it's in my history on Firefox.

My daughter's website seems to be gone, at leas the one she used to have, but I will send her an email and ask if she has anything to show.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 10 13 4:43 PM

Great job Bob. I LIKE it! 

“I to the world am like a drop of water That in the ocean seeks another drop, Who, falling there to find his fellow forth, Unseen, inquisitive, confounds himself.” – William Shakespeare

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 24 13 5:05 AM

Thanks, Raven! I don't remember, but it might have initially been going to be a crow. Much better this way.

Bob

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help